Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Do It Now

Do it now - that was the last entry I did on my blog last year. Why have I not blogged for so long. No real reason. Sometimes nothing comes into my head and guess I have just been too busy to even think about blogging but then that isn't really a good excuse either so I REALLY don't know why I haven't. I suppose Facebook has sort of taken over but it will never replace a spot where one can really sit down and ponder what has been going on in life and just sit down and put it on paper. Facebook doesn't really replace the thought that can go into a blog.
I get frustrated at times when people come up with a one liner and it is never explained what is going on. I don't call that communication. It just makes me wondering what happened or is going to happen and it leaves me feel like...OK, what is going on here. Is this something I could be praying about or something I could be celebrating with this person. Leaves my hanging....that is frustrating !

I went back this morning and read some of my former blogs and they were actually sort on interesting. One wonders sometime how much of life goes by and we sort of forget about all of fun little interesting little things that go on.
So I have no agenda at all this morning as I sit here with my cup of coffee listening to the winds we are getting this morning. We just had a 58 mile an hour gust they just said on the radio. Of course it is garbage day so our can is sitting by the road waiting to be picked up by the garbage truck.That may or may not happen as he doesn't get out of his truck and if it is laying on it's side it just stays there. It has already been picked up out of the driveway twice this morning because the wind blew it over. Luckily, ours is always in plastic bags tied shut so it didn't spill out onto the road. The neighbors down the road had things flying all over their yard. Plastic bags, cartons etc just enjoying a little trip flying thru the air to land where ever. (OHHHH - there went ours again - another THUD and sure enough it is on it's side. Maybe Bob will be up soon, it's his turn I think !!)
See, now wasn't that one thing you really needed to know this morning..my little episode with our garbage can. Sometimes I wonder why my friends (one especially !!) keeps bugging me to blog. I know you just wouldn't have been happy going thru this day not knowing I am having a battle with my garbage can ! I'm sure that will REALLY MAKE YOUR DAY ! That was really one piece of info you just couldn't live without today, right ??

Life is good. We continue to keep busy...I have cut back on some things to just have more time for some other things but I still have enough to more than keep me busy. I am enjoying more time to myself though. I still go to the Animal Shelter every Tuesday. I just realized the other day that I started going out there every Tuesday in 2004 right after I retired. I had a gal going to my WW meeting that volunteered out there and she told me about it and then Chester and Samantha (our two little feral kittys) showed up on our doorstep as wild as could be and I went out there to get a trap to catch them and have them neutered and spayed so we wouldn't get more feral kittens around and put in a volunteer sheet and began working shortly thereafter. I still love going out there. I volunteer in the kitty room just socializing and petting them so they are feeling loved which makes them adjust better to their situation and therefore easier to get adopted. It was hard at first because you feel sorry for them and want to take them all home but it doesn't take long to realize that is not possible but I can make their lives better while they are looking for their new "forever" homes.

Other than that I still have my Weight Watchers job and enjoy that very much too. Keeps me hopping sometime but It is a very rewarding and fun job.I have a great team that works with me and we really have grown close to each other.
Ok... Bob just walked into the room (sent him out to get the garbage can this time) and I can't concentrate now so this will be it for today.
(Are you happy, Jan !! )
Hugs
Dee

No comments: